GL1800Riders Forums banner

What are these things called?

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Farmguy 
#1 ·
You know, on the handlebars, there are two sets of clamps, one on each side, held together by hex head screws. And into the heads of these screws fit a little plastic cover. It serves no purpose other than to hide the screws.

Never lost one on my '08. And hadn't lost one on the '14. Until one of my riding buddies stopped by and we were going over the bikes and I noticed his were missing. He said, "Ah, they never stay in there. I gave up even replacing them."

So, of course, I pull into the garage from work last night and see a small piece of black plastic on the floor. Get off the bike and pick it up. And it's one of those covers.

Look on the bike, and yep.

Both gone.

Who knows where the other one went.

The OCD monkey in me wants to try replacing them at least once.

Anybody know what they're called? I've looked in 3-4 parts fiches and can't find them anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
marko2 -

I know exactly what you mean. I picked up a brand new 2014 Wing at the dealer and there was only one on the clamp for the brake master cylinder. Since I was going to put a bracket for a drink holder on the clutch side anyway, I did not worry about it. I do not know what they are called by Honda.

Dave

#5 ·
#12 ·
Thanks for all the help. Got a dozen on the way. At $1 a pop, I'll just keep a few on hand.
When they're installed correctly, and care is used when washing, they don't fall off or get lost ... at least for me.

#13 ·
I would be curious about why a diode would have 3 legs, diodes normally have 2 legs, now a transistor, they have 3 legs.

Greg do you have a schematic that shows that little due in the circuit?

Just curiuos thats all

#14 ·
They are poorly designed. If you replace them, you better glue them on with something if you want them to stay on the bike.
I use a small dab of silicone sealant. You remember... A little dab will do ya. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.